How to obtain a work permit for the UK

Obtaining a work visa and permit will allow you to legally accept employment in the UK

Obtaining a work visa and permit will allow you to legally accept employment in a foreign nation.

To fulfill its obligations regarding migrant work in the UK, the UK Border Agency (UKBA) heavily relies on the Skilled Worker Visa category, formerly referred to as Tier 2 work permit category. In this article, we'll focus specifically on obtaining a work permit for the UK.

For those who are confused, Tier 2 or Skilled Worker visas are the most common way for skilled individuals from outside the United Kingdom, European Economic Area, and Switzerland to enter the United Kingdom to work for a sponsoring, licensed firm. It's the green light from the UK Home Office for a foreign national to take a job in a high-skilled occupation in the country.

Steps to Obtaining a Labor License

You must first meet all of the following conditions to apply for a work permit to legally work in the UK.

1. Possess a job offer from a sponsoring employer with the appropriate legal status to hire you in the UK.

2. Hold a Certificate of Sponsorship issued by your sponsoring organization.

3. Acquire the necessary number of points, information for which may be found on the pages detailing individual types of work permits, captured below.

Excel Fortune Global Services Inc., (EF Global Travels) can assist you with obtaining and securing the aforementioned documents. You can get in touch with any of the company's reps here.

EF Global Travels offer assistance with the three most common types of UK work permits. This includes:

A. General Tier 2 Position: Skilled Employee

B. Second-Level Internal Transfer Within the Company

C. The Tier 2 Sports Visa

A Certificate of Sponsorship is required to apply for a work permit, and it is the employer's responsibility to issue one to you.

If you are an employer interested in learning more about Tier 2 work permits, we encourage you to review the information for Tier 2 visa businesses on the appropriate UK website.

Work Permits for the United Kingdom (General Category) and Citizenship

When you've worked and lived in the UK for at least five years as someone with a work visa, you can apply for permanent residency. After five years, you may be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom, which can be followed by British Naturalization.

Internal Organization Transfers and Permanency in the Company

If you were granted a Tier 2 intra-organization transfer visa before April 6, 2010, or had previous leave as a qualifying work permit holder, and you have worked and resided in the UK continuously for at least five years, you may be eligible for permanent residence as an Information Communication Technology (ICT) expert category UK work permit holder. The five-year threshold is necessary to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), which can be followed by British Naturalization.

Employment and Vacancy/Change

A new Certificate of Sponsorship from a licensed employer is required if you want to switch jobs. The resident labor market test's advertising requirements must also be met, and you'll need to get reassessed based on the current points test (if applicable).

An Evaluation of Your Unique Circumstances and How EF Global Travels Can Assist

We are well aware that each circumstance is unique. When it comes to determining the appropriate UK visa route for you, our OISC-qualified experts are here to listen, comprehend, and give you sound advice.

Documentation and Processing:

After a careful evaluation of your situation, we'll let you know exactly what we need from you to file a successful application for a work permit on your behalf.

Also Read: 10 Reasons to Study in the UK is Beneficial

Making and Sending in an Application

Following receipt of all required materials, your assigned case manager will compile the materials and complete your application in compliance with current immigration regulations.

EF Global Travels an eye on your Applications and Communicating With The United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA):

A caseworker will submit your application to the UKBA and keep you updated on its status as it is processed. Any follow-up questions from the UK Border Agency will be handled by us as well. Then, we'll let you know as soon as the UK Border Agency has processed your application for a work visa. The anxiety of applying for a UK visa has been experienced by our team of skilled immigration experts, and we are here to help you every step of the way.

EF Global Travels Inc. takes satisfaction in ensuring clients get the most out of every offer handled by them. You will be in the best of hands by allowing the organization handles your UK Work Permit application processing, among others. To begin the journey, get in touch with the company representative immediately by clicking here.


Joseph Okechukwu

156 Blog posts