The Precision Medicine Doctoral Training Programme is a fully-funded PhD with integrated study that is supported financially by the Medical Research Council, the Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow, and other organizations.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Universities of Edinburgh, UK
Host Institution(s): Universities of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
This page provides information about the MRC Doctoral Training Programme (DTP) at the Universities of Edinburgh.
Training PhD students in the quantitative skills (mathematics, statistics, computation, and digital excellence) listed as critical by the MRC (Medical Research Council) skills goals, and in their application to a variety of data sources (from wet bench 'omics' to health records), means that students get interdisciplinary training in the abilities required to fulfill the vision of precision medicine.
Precision medicine is a game-changing method of treating and preventing disease by determining the most effective course of action for each patients based on their unique genetic, environmental, and behavioral characteristics.
What DTP Provides:
- Training to become a T-shaped researcher (wide in perspective while researching in detail) is the goal of a PhD program that emphasizes integrated study and emphasizes Precision Medicine.
- State-of-the-art methods for learning in both the medical and computing fields.
- Data assets of unprecedented scale, generated by the infrastructure and facilities of the three partners' world-class educational settings in Edinburgh, Glasgow, and the Karolinska.
There are some requirements to meet before you can apply.
Applicants to the MRC Doctoral Training Programme (DTP) at the Universities of Edinburgh must meet the following criteria:
- You need to be a student studying abroad to apply.
- At least the equivalent of a 2:1 in a UK university.
- The necessary prerequisites for entering each country vary.
- Need fluency in English to apply.
- Regardless of your nationality or place of residence, you are required to show evidence of English language proficiency at a level that will allow you to succeed in your studies.
Exams in the English Language.
We will accept the following levels of English proficiency:
- A minimum overall score of 6.5 on the IELTS Academic test with no individual section score lower than 6.0 is required.
- TOEFL iBT (includes Home Edition): minimum of 92, with at least 20 on each section. Sorry, but your TOEFL My Best Score won't help you get hired if you need to prove your English proficiency.
- Total of 176 for C1 Advanced (CAE) / C2 Proficiency (CPE) with a minimum of 169 for each subskill.
- Three-in-one ISE (Trinity ISE): ISE II with top scores in all four subtests.
- Score a minimum of 62 on the PTE Academic with at least 59 on each section.
Gains for Scholars.
If you are a qualified applicant and meet all of the conditions, you will be awarded a full studentship:
- the yearly remittance of tuition.
- Funding for the full four years of a doctoral program (based on UKRI minimum doctoral rate).
- Funding of $5,000 annually to support research training.
- A yearly allowance of $300 for travel.
Methods of Application.
How-to-Apply: Following these procedures will ensure that your application for the MRC Doctoral Training Programme (DTP) at the University of Edinburgh is processed smoothly:
- Please get in touch with the primary supervisor before submitting an application.
- All research proposals must be submitted using the Degree Finder system at the University of Edinburgh.
- After the application deadline, your application and any additional materials you submitted will be sent to University of Glasgow for review.
- Include your resume in the documents you submit by uploading a PDF or Word document.
- All applications must be tailored to a particular endeavor. In the Programme portion of your application, please provide specifics about the project you wish to participate in.
- Both the Research Topic and Research Project sections need to have the project's title entered.
- If you're applying for a job, you should put all advertised supervisors in the proposed supervisor field.
- Only three projects will be considered. For each individual endeavor, you must fill out a unique application. In spite of the fact that you'll be asked to prioritize projects on the application form, please submit a new application for each one you're interested in.
Deadline for Applications: March 31, 2023
For all your travel-related matters, Excel and Fortune Global Services (Travel Consultants) have got your back. Get in touch with them now to see your abroad dreams become a reality.